Online Mental Health Counseling for Clinicians
In this course, clinicians will gain knowledge about distance mental health services including discussion of known challenges/solutions and exploration of anticipated scope of practice at home institution in the COVID19 era. Participants will also work on developing a distance mental health crisis plan and learn to use the various e-learning and communication tools.
Course Requirements: Must be a California Community College Counselors with a Master's Degree in Counseling or Licensed California Community College Mental Health Clinician employed by a California Community College with a current CCC email address.
Fulfills: This is a course focused on general counselors to address the basic areas of consideration associated with the referral to mental health counseling when providing services in an online environment. It is not intended as formal training, permission to practice as a mental health counselor or for certification or licensure in the mental health field
Duration: 2 weeks
Time Commitment: approximately 10 hours per week, for a total of 20 hours
Level of Difficulty: Intermediate
By the end of this course, counselors will be able to:
- Summarize the importance of CCC distance mental health services
- Explain ethical and legal guidelines of distance mental health services
- Describe best practices for distance mental health services
- Identify challenges and potential solutions specific to CCC distance mental health services
- Develop distance mental health crisis plan at home institution
- Define and describe hybrid scope of practice at home institution
Optional Continuing Education Credit
Participants in this course can seek optional professional development/continuing education credits 1CEU by dual-enrolling in HBM 8025 at Fresno Pacific University. A separate fee due to FPU will apply.
Dropping a Course
We know that sometimes even the best-laid plans go awry. If you find you need to drop your @ONE course, please:
- Log in to @ONE registration Catalog.
- From your student dashboard, select the “drop the course” option.
NOTE: If you drop prior to the first day of class, Contact Us to request a refund.