- This event has passed.
Digital Storytelling: The Why, What and How of Creativity, Learning, and Assessment
February 22, 2018 @ 1:00 pm - 1:50 pm
This Showcase Presentation is part of our Digital Learning Day program.
Fabiola Torres, @iLearnNow
Professor of Ethnic Studies, Glendale Community College
Marco Torres, @torres21
Director of Story, Digital Promise
Students accomplish their goals and learn relevant skills through practice, careful time management and teamwork. Through digital storytelling, Marco Torres and Fabiola Torres present a position promoting skills that are relevant to students’ lives and connected with the world beyond the classroom. Through authentic projects that are central to the education of the 21st Century, digital storytelling encourages appropriate context for learning in the information age.
Duration: 50 minutes
Registration required. If you cannot attend the live session, an archive will be available to registered participants one week after the scheduled live event.
- Connie’s Story (referenced by Marco)
- Ronald Takaki, A Different Mirror
- Walter R. Fisher, The Narrative Paradigm:
- David Thornburg’s Campfires in Cyberspace: Primordial Metaphors for Learning in the 21st Century
- Earnest Bormann – Home page with references
- Zaretta Hammond – Cultural Responsive Teaching & The Brain
Do you have a question or a reflection to share about this session? Scroll down and “Leave a reply.”