- This event has passed.
Demystifying Faculty Support in the CCCs
August 3 @ 11:00 am - 12:00 pm
What are the varied approaches used by colleges to support faculty who teach with technology in the California Community College system? In this session, Liz du Plessis, Distance Education Instructional Designer at Santa Rosa Junior College, will share what we know from a recent survey of CCC faculty support staff and invite you to contribute to the conversation. Heather Garcia will share the insights about faculty support she acquired through her participation in the 2017-2018 EDUCAUSE/Penn State ID2ID peer mentoring program. Finally, you will be invited to join a new CCC Faculty Support community to connect with and learn from your peers across the state.
|Liz du Plessis|
Instructional Designer, Distance Education
Santa Rosa Junior College
- Presenters’ slides
- ID2ID – Cross institutional peer mentoring program for instructional designers, coordinated by Penn State and the EDUCAUSE Learning Initiative (ELI).
- Intentional Futures (2016, April). Instructional design in higher education: A report on the role, workflow, and experience of instructional designers.
- Kim, J. (2017, August 23). The Liminal Role of Instructional Designers. Inside Higher Ed.
- Linder, K. & Dello Stritto, M.E. (2017). Research Preparation and Engagement of Instructional Designers in U.S. Higher Education. Corvallis, OR: Oregon State University Ecampus Research Unit.
- Schwier, R. A., Campbell, K., & Kenny, R. (2004). Instructional designers observations about identity, communities of practice and change agency (PDF). Australasian Journal of Educational Technology, 20(1). doi:10.14742/
- Connect with your CCC faculty support peers! If you are employed at a CCC and are in a faculty support role, we invite you to join our PLN Community to connect, share, and learn with your peers across the state. Follow the steps below.
- Go to the CCC PLN homepage: ProLearningNetwork.cccco.edu/community Create a free account or log into your existing account.
- Once you are logged into the PLN, return to the Home page.
- Click on Community.
- Under the heading, “Thank you for visiting…” select “Click here.”
- Once the PLN Community opens, locate the group titled CCC Instructional Designers/ Support for Teaching & Learning.
- Select Join Community.
- Click on Topics and select Getting Started.
*The California Community College Professional Learning Network (PLN) is part of the Institutional Effectiveness Partnership Initiative.
- The webinar archive will be available here within one week of the scheduled event.