- This event has passed.
Demystifying Faculty Support in the CCCs
August 3, 2018 @ 11:00 am - 12:00 pm
|Liz du Plessis|
Instructional Designer, Distance Education
Santa Rosa Junior College
- Presenters’ slides
- ID2ID – Cross institutional peer mentoring program for instructional designers, coordinated by Penn State and the EDUCAUSE Learning Initiative (ELI).
- Intentional Futures (2016, April). Instructional design in higher education: A report on the role, workflow, and experience of instructional designers.
- Kim, J. (2017, August 23). The Liminal Role of Instructional Designers. Inside Higher Ed.
- Linder, K. & Dello Stritto, M.E. (2017). Research Preparation and Engagement of Instructional Designers in U.S. Higher Education. Corvallis, OR: Oregon State University Ecampus Research Unit.
- Schwier, R. A., Campbell, K., & Kenny, R. (2004). Instructional designers observations about identity, communities of practice and change agency (PDF). Australasian Journal of Educational Technology, 20(1). doi:10.14742/
- Connect with your CCC faculty support peers! If you are employed at a CCC and are in a faculty support role, we invite you to join our PLN Community to connect, share, and learn with your peers across the state. Follow the steps below.
- Go to the CCC PLN homepage: ProLearningNetwork.cccco.edu/community Create a free account or log into your existing account.
- Once you are logged into the PLN, return to the Home page.
- Click on Community.
- Under the heading, “Thank you for visiting…” select “Click here.”
- Once the PLN Community opens, locate the group titled CCC Instructional Designers/ Support for Teaching & Learning.
- Select Join Community.
- Click on Topics and select Getting Started.
*The California Community College Professional Learning Network (PLN) is part of the Institutional Effectiveness Partnership Initiative.
- The webinar archive will be available here within one week of the scheduled event.