- This event has passed.
First Friday: Ideas for Student-to-Student Interactions
June 1, 2018 @ 1:00 pm - 1:45 pm
This webinar was part of our June 2018 First Friday event. This session showcases effective asynchronous and synchronous online teaching practices that increase student-student interactions. Julie Gamberg presents ideas for facilitating collaborative learning using Canvas Groups. Joseph Harrington showcases how he uses the break out room feature of Zoom to foster synchronous student-student interactions.
- Using Groups in Canvas
- How do I view my Canvas groups as a student?
- Resources about Collaborative Learning:
- ConferZoom – If you are a CCC faculty or staff member, sign up now for your free premium Zoom account and find helpful getting started resources.
- Getting Started with Break Out Rooms in Zoom
- Zoom Break Out Rooms Demo Video (4-minutes) Shows Joseph and two students using break out rooms in Zoom to foster student-student conversations in Spanish.
- Online Student Testimonial – Listen to two of Joseph’s online Spanish students discuss their learning experiences using Zoom.
Joseph is Spanish faculty at Santa Rosa Junior College. He holds a Masters in Spanish Linguistics and has been advanced to candidacy for a PhD in Spanish Linguistics with a Designated Emphasis in Second Language Acquisition. He has experience teaching all level of Spanish through multiple modalities.