@ONE--the Online Network of Educators-- a collaborative, system-wide network of California Community College faculty, staff, and administrators, is coordinated by the professional development team of the CCC Online Education Initiative (OEI). @ONE provides training and professional development to support the effective use of digital tools and platforms to make California Community Colleges a nationally recognized leader in online teaching and learning. Funding from the California Community College Chancellor’s Office ensures that @ONE’s offerings are provided for free or a very low cost.
Through its network of dedicated educators, @ONE provides professional development that is technology-based but student-focused, with the goals of:
- Improving retention and success rates of California’s diverse online community college student population.
- Improving the online learning experience for all students, including students with disabilities, students with basic skills needs, and students from underserved populations.
- Decreasing the cost of education for students by providing training and support for colleges to leverage OEI-procured tools and platforms.
- Ensuring all CCC faculty and staff possess the digital literacy skills to inspire and prepare students for success in the digital age.
@ONE achieves these goals by providing a robust suite of professional development offerings that can be accessed from anywhere at anytime. Our offerings provide a variety of learning pathways and are designed to foster learning for those who are new to using technology, as well as our early adopters. A faculty or staff member who comes to @ONE for professional development will have the ability to:
- Learn online and at your own pace any time of day with our self-paced courses.
- Engage in community-rich, facilitated online courses, ranging from one to twelve weeks.
- Be introduced to new ideas and the latest educational trends in 30-60 minute webinars, led by your CCC peers and other subject matter experts.
- Attend regional face-to-face workshops and mini-conferences.
- Connect with peers across the state using the hashtag #CCCLearn.
- Coming soon! Become a digitally-literate, connected educator through our community programs, in which you will blog and curate your own professional network on Twitter.