Equity & Culturally Responsive Online Teaching
You must be an employee of a California Community College to enroll in this course.
This course will guide you through a critical journey of becoming an equity-minded educator with the goal of cultivating inclusive experiences that empower all students to achieve their full intellectual capacity. As a participant in this course, you will apply principles of Culturally Responsive Teaching and Learning (CRTL) to your online course. In a collaborative peer-to-peer learning environment, you will analyze your core teaching values, interrogate your online teaching practices, and leave the course with an equity-minded syllabus and an action plan to continue to advance equity in your course and institution.
Time Commitment: approximately 10 hours per week, for a total of 40 hours
Level of Difficulty: Intermediate.
To successfully complete this course, participants will:
- Analyze your assumptions and beliefs about the diverse students served by California community colleges;
- Interrogate the alignment of your teaching values and teaching practices;
- Apply principles of Culturally Responsive Teaching & Learning (CRTL) to your online course;
- Identify and discuss course-level barriers that disproportionately impact minoritized students including unconscious bias, microaggressions, stereotype threat, and privilege and power;
- Create an equity-minded course syllabus leveraging peer feedback that welcomes and supports all students;
- Write an action plan that describes how you will continue to advance your equity-minded online teaching practices.
Optional Continuing Education Credit
Participants in this course can seek optional professional development/continuing education credits by dual-enrolling in TEC 1841 at Fresno Pacific University. A separate fee due to FPU will apply.
Dropping a Course
We know that sometimes even the best-laid plans go awry. If you find you need to drop your @ONE course, please:
- Log in to @ONE registration Catalog.
- From your student dashboard, select the “drop the course” option.
NOTE: If you drop prior to the first day of class, Contact Us to request a refund.