Introduction to Online Teaching and Learning
Great teaching can happen anywhere, but teaching online requires different skills, strategies and tools than in a traditional face-to-face classroom. In this 4-week course you'll gain proficiency in the unique qualities and perspectives of masterful online teaching, including powerful ways to support the success of online students, how to lay a foundation for a productive learning community, and infusing your course with your distinctive presence. We'll walk you through the pertinent federal, state, and local regulations impacting online teaching, and set you on a path to designing success for you and your students!
Duration: 4 weeks
Time Commitment: approximately 10 hours per week, for a total of 40 hours
Level of Difficulty: Beginning
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Identify and discuss federal and state regulations that impact online course policy and practice;
- Identify local support for online teachers and learners;
- Design introductory activities that support an online learning community;
- Develop clear and supportive online course policies.
Optional Continuing Education Credit
Participants in this course can seek optional professional development/continuing education credits by dual-enrolling in TEC 1631 at Fresno Pacific University. A separate fee due to FPU will apply.
Dropping a Course
We know that sometimes even the best-laid plans go awry. If you find you need to drop your @ONE course, please:
- Log in to @ONE registration Catalog.
- From your student dashboard, select the “drop the course” option.
NOTE: If you drop prior to the first day of class, Contact Us to request a refund.