Introduction to Teaching with Canvas - Self-Paced
This self-paced course will introduce you to the beauties of using Canvas in online, hybrid, and face-to-face classes. These simple, hands-on lessons give you the chance to master Canvas in your own practice course to build a home page, content page, discussion, and quiz, while also exploring how to use Canvas communication tools.
If you're new to Canvas, or just want a powerful refresher on the basics, this course is a great starting point, and you get to keep your sandbox to play in, experiment, and build your online material!
Time Commitment: based on your input
Level of Difficulty: Beginning
Format: Self-paced course (There is also a facilitated version of this course)
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Customize your Canvas profile and notification preferences to fit your needs
- Create an archive announcement to keep your students engaged and updated
- Develop modules to organize your content most effectively
- Design a welcoming, impactful home page
- Set up a discussion, quiz, and/or assignment exactly the way you want
- Use a variety of communication tools to streamline contact with students
- Use the SpeedGrader tool to make grading fast and easy
Optional Graduate-Level University Credit
Self-paced, non-facilitated courses are not eligible to receive a badge from OEI or continuing education units from Fresno Pacific.
Dropping a Course
We know that sometimes even the best-laid plans go awry. If you find you need to drop your @ONE course, please:
- Log in to @ONE registration Catalog.
- From your student dashboard, select the “drop the course” option.
NOTE: If you drop prior to the first day of class, Contact Us to request a refund.