5-Day Challenge: Organizing your Canvas Course
Course design is a vital part of equitable, asynchronous online learning that helps to promote a welcoming, engaging, and effective learner experience. This 5-Day Challenge is designed to guide you through the process of developing the framework for a content module in Canvas. You will build a foundation for designing an asynchronous online course that welcomes your students and is organized into manageable chunks to support the needs of your diverse learners. Each challenge is set up as a 20 minute daily activity to be completed across 5 days. The 5 challenges are:
- Day 1: Create a Home Page
- Day 2: Create a Module
- Day 3: Create an Assignment
- Day 4: Add Multimedia
- Day 5: Create a Discussion.
5-Day Challenges are designed for those new to Canvas who need to build a basic framework to build on.
Duration: 5 days (self-paced)
Time Commitment: 20 minutes for each of 5 daily challenges
Level of Difficulty: Beginning
Format: Self-paced course
Optional Continuing Education Credit: Continuing Education credit is not available for self-paced courses.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Create a warm and engaging home page that welcomes learners.
- Create a module that organizes your course to promote a seamless and engaging learner experience
- Create an assignment to evaluate learner progress and provide formative feedback
- Add multimedia to promote Universal Design for Learning (UDL)
- Create a Discussion to offer opportunities for learner interaction and community building
Dropping a Course
We know that sometimes even the best-laid plans go awry. If you find you need to drop your @ONE course, please:
- Log in to @ONE registration Catalog.
- From your student dashboard, select the “drop the course” option.
NOTE: If you drop prior to the first day of class, Contact Us to request a refund.