Online College Counseling
In this course, experienced counselors will learn ethical standards and guidelines as well as skills and strategies for fostering successful online counseling sessions. The course covers technology-assisted techniques and opportunities for counselors to assist students with meeting their educational, career, and personal goals. Counselors will also gain an understanding of the key components for maintaining a successful online counseling program.
Must be a California Community College Counselor with a Master's Degree in Counseling employed by a California Community College with a current CCC email address.
Fulfills: This is a course designed for general counselors interested in learning more about providing counseling services in the online environment.
Duration: 4 weeks
Time Commitment: approximately 10 hours per week, for a total of 40 hours. Your time commitment will vary based upon your own level of experience with web technologies and online counseling.
Level of Difficulty: Intermediate
By the end of this course, counselors will be able to:
- Facilitate effective online counseling sessions.
- Design, prepare for, and deliver individual and group online counseling sessions.
- Identify best practices for mitigating technology failures and resolving difficult counseling situations.
- Engage unique populations such as online students with disabilities using online counseling protocols.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of online counseling services.
- Implement an online counseling program on their campus.
Optional Continuing Education Credit
Participants in this course can seek optional professional development/continuing education credits by dual-enrolling in TEC 1825 at Fresno Pacific University. A separate fee due to FPU will apply.
Dropping a Course
We know that sometimes even the best-laid plans go awry. If you find you need to drop your @ONE course, please:
- Log in to @ONE registration Catalog.
- From your student dashboard, select the “drop the course” option.
NOTE: If you drop prior to the first day of class, Contact Us to request a refund.