Visit our Local POCR Resource Center to learn more!
Peer Online Course Review (POCR) was established in 2014 by the CVC-OEI Professional Development Workgroup to ensure that students in the California Community College system have access to high-quality online courses designed to support student learning and success.
We have developed resources to help your college design, develop, and deploy its own campus-based POCR program. In addition to improving online student success rates, having a local POCR program on your campus will:
- Serve as an exciting and engaging professional development experience for new and experienced online faculty.
- Lead to more engaging and inclusive online experiences for both teachers and students.
- Create a community of practice in which teachers share their challenges, develop new approaches, and support one another.
- Result in more aligned "Quality Reviewed" courses from your college in the CVC Exchange.
- Improve the quality of all courses taught by faculty participants. Past participants have shared that the course design principles learned in POCR positively impact other online and on-campus courses they teach!
Identified OEI Pilot sections that have been through Peer Online Course Review are performing at +4.9 percentage points above the statewide average for online success.
Research and Planning Group for California Community Colleges
“The Online Education Initiative: Access and Quality of Online Education
in California’s Community Colleges” – 2017