The OEI Course Design Academy is a free, online professional development program for full and part-time California Community College faculty teaching online at CCC Online Education Initiative (OEI) Consortium Colleges. You are eligible to join the "Academy" if you teach a course at one of the OEI Consortium colleges that:
- Is currently taught in the Canvas course management system,
- Has C-ID designation (with any pre-requisites aligned to the CI-D),
- Is part of an ADT, GE Transfer Pattern, or CTE Pathway,
- In the case of Mathematics, English, and ESL, is transfer-level,
- And is fully online with the possible exception of on-campus proctored exams.
The Academy includes:
- Access to professional development exclusively for Academy participants.
- A confidential design review of your course and feedback from trained faculty peer reviewers, including a one-hour mentoring session with your Course Design Advisor.
- The assistance of a Canvas Course Design Specialist who will be available throughout the program to answer questions and assist you in applying your course review feedback.
- Hands-on assistance, as needed, from Accessibility Experts to make your course fully 508 compliant!
Upon completion of the Academy, you will have:
- An accessible online course that is aligned with the OEI Course Design Rubric and is eligible to be part of the OEI Course Exchange.*
- A Certificate in Online Course Design Mastery.
- A digital OEI Aligned Course badge, which may be displayed on social profiles (LinkedIn, Google+, or a professional website) and within Canvas.
*Scheduling of courses in the Online Course Exchange rests with the colleges. We recommend you contact your college OEI SPOC (Single Point of Contact) and/or your Dean to discuss participation in the Academy and possible future scheduling of your course in the Online Course Exchange.