Dynamic Online Teaching
Teaching is a dynamic process, and great teachers use feedback and insights to monitor student learning and adjust teaching "in the moment." In addition, great teachers use feedback and data to continually improve their courses.
In this 4-week course, you'll learn a variety of teaching and technology tools that allow you to reflect on your teaching, your course, and your students, that will allow you to build relationships that matter with your students. You'll focus on designing customized strategies for dynamic teaching that meets the needs of your current students, while also developing a process for continually improving your online course.
Duration: 4 weeks
Time Commitment: approximately 10 hours per week, for a total of 40 hours
Level of Difficulty: Intermediate. To get the most from this course, you should have been familiar with online teaching and have some familiarity with Canvas. For those who have never taught online, it is highly recommended you take Introduction to Course Design and Introduction to Canvas before beginning this course. In addition, a portion of this course will address feedback from assessment. Though it is not required, it is highly suggested that participants have earned their Section C: Assessment Badge.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Use responses from student pre-assessments and self-assessments to get to know your students;
- Use activities to develop and support a learning community;
- Create a series of student self-assessments and course surveys that help you tailor content and activities to your students’ needs and interests;
- Use analytics and data from your course to make changes during and after the course.
Optional Continuing Education Credit
Participants in this course can seek optional professional development/continuing education credits by dual-enrolling in TEC 1846 at Fresno Pacific University. A separate fee due to FPU will apply.
Dropping a Course
We know that sometimes even the best-laid plans go awry. If you find you need to drop your @ONE course, please:
- Log in to @ONE registration Catalog.
- From your student dashboard, select the “drop the course” option.
NOTE: If you drop prior to the first day of class, Contact Us to request a refund.