Introduction to Live Online Teaching and Learning
Engaging live sessions in online classes don’t just happen. They’re intentionally designed! By the completion of this 2-week course, you will demonstrate your ability to schedule, conduct, archive, and share a live session. You will also develop inclusive community norms and a lesson plan for a live session that uses effective instructional skills to support the diverse needs of community college students. You will achieve these goals by asynchronously engaging with content and completing assignments in Canvas, as well as attending synchronous sessions in Zoom that scaffold your learning.
Attendance at four 60-minute live sessions is required in addition to course assignments. The dates of these sessions are listed on the registration page.
Prerequisite: To participate in this course, you will need a ConferZoom* account prior to the start date. A ConferZoom account is an upgraded Zoom account that is provided by TechConnect for California Community College faculty and staff. If you do not already have a ConferZoom account, sign up now using your institutional email address. TechConnect will notify you by email when your account has been processed.
More about this course:
Duration: 2 weeks
Time Commitment: approximately 10 hours per week (20 hours total)
- download and install computer applications,
- use a web browser to navigate multiple webpages,
- copy and paste links,
- and upload digital files.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Demonstrate the ability to use Zoom to schedule, conduct, and record engaging live online instructional sessions.
- Demonstrate the ability to design live online instructional sessions that support community college students through active learning.
- Use recordings of live instructional sessions in compliance with student privacy, accessibility, and interaction requirements and legal recommendations.
- Develop course materials that foster inclusion for all students.
Optional Continuing Education Credit
Participants in this course can seek optional professional development/continuing education credits by dual-enrolling at Fresno Pacific University. A separate fee due to FPU will apply.
Dropping a Course
We know that sometimes even the best-laid plans go awry. If you find you need to drop your @ONE course, please:
- Log in to @ONE registration Catalog.
- From your student dashboard, select the “drop the course” option.
NOTE: If you drop prior to the first day of class, Contact Us to request a refund.