Google Maps Create Challenge
Where in the world are you for CCCDLDay?
- Drop a pin on our shared map that represents your viewing location.
- For a chance to win a prize, complete this challenge by Monday, March 4 at 10am PT.
- Information you add to our map will be publicly visible, so don't share anything you don't want to be available online.
- To participate, you must have a Google account to complete this activity.
- From a computer, go to our shared map.
- Click "Sign in" in the upper right corner and sign in to your Google account. (If you're already signed in, you will see your profile image instead of a Sign In prompt.)
- In the search bar at the top of our map, search for your location. (If you're attending from home, search for a nearby public landmark.)
- When you find it, click on the little pin button that says "Add Marker" and add your pin to the map.
- Click the pencil button to edit the title, add a description, and add an image to your pin:
- In the title of the pin, write your first name, last initial, and the name of your location.
- In the description box, write a few fun facts or something special about your location.
- Next, click the little camera button in the bottom right corner and add an image or video of your location. You can even upload a photo you took yourself to make it more personal.
- Lastly, click the blue "Save" button.
- Voila, you have successfully pinned your location to our map!